Leeds Trinity Students' Union Award Criteria
SU Core Values Award
•Candidates or a club/Society have embodied one or more of our core values during the 2021-22 Season.
Student First- Actions they took were directed by students. They allowed others to reach their potential and were able to represent other students' needs.
Inclusive- Actions they took allowed for an inclusive environment. They paid attention to diversity and continually made changes to support participation.
Personalised- They maintained a good relationship with their members, were approachable, flexible and friendly towards other students.
Exceptional- They have always striven to be better, identifying ways to maintain or increase the quality of their activities for other students.
•Candidates are in their last year of their current under/postgraduate degree during the 2021-22 season.
The Trinity Award is for final year students at Leeds Trinity who have achieved a significant amount during their time involved with the Students’ Union. Multiple recipients may receive this award who have:
Gone above and beyond what is required of them in their role – whether this be as a member or committee member.
Made a significant contribution to student activities with Leeds Trinity Students' Union, through their dedication, involvement or achievements.
Consistently acted as an ambassador for the Students’ Union embodying values which include reaching potential, approachability, friendliness, inclusivity and a strive to be better.
The sustainability award is awarded to any club, society, or individual who has made a significant contribution to being sustainable this year. This contribution can include the amount recycling etc but is also about the impact that the club has had on spreading the sustainability message at Trinity.
There is a range of criteria that can contribute towards the Sustainability Award:
- Promoted recycling and sustainable methods of transport to fellow clubs.
- Have joined in with SU campaigns.
- Promoted sustainable methods to all club members.
Society Committee of the year
•Must be an SU recognised committee for the 2021-22 academic year.
Nominate a committee that have performed particularly well in their committee roles. The panel will be looking for committees who:
- Actively engages and communicates effectively with its membership, both in person, at events and meetings, as well as via emails and social media.
- Support their membership
- Engage well with Leeds Trinity Students' Union, making use of the resources available to them.?
- Will have actively sought to make their society more sustainable, by seeking funding, encouraging student leadership for the following academic year, or by promoting their society at wider Students' Union and University events.
- Work towards providing valuable experiences to their membership.
Society member of the Year
- Must be a registered SU society member for the 2021-22 Academic year.
Society Member of the Year seeks nominations for individuals who have made a significant contribution to their society, and may have:?
- Supported events the society has run throughout the year in order for other members to participate.?
- Regularly attended society events,?
- Provided support to the society on engaging with wider Students' Union or University events. For example, promoting the society on a Freshers' or Refreshers' Fair stand.
Society of the Year
- Must be an SU recognised society for the 2021-22 Academic year.
Society of the year nominations should highlight how a society has advanced significantly throughout the academic year, or in comparison to the previous academic year. This society will have:?
- Further developed stability by growing its membership.
- Benefited from improved organisation throughout the year.
- Organised more or a higher quality of events
- Sought out innovative ways to fund their own activities and general sustainability.
- Actively sought funding separate of the Students' Union, and/or have been successful in seeking specific grant funding.
- Hosted open events beneficial to the wider student body
- Engaged in Students' Union and University events, working with other fellow societies, contributing towards the community or a charity.
- Communicated effectively with both members and the Students' Union to welcome greater amounts of Leeds Trinity students.
Club Committee of the year
•Must be an SU recognised committee member(s) for the 2021-22 season.
Club Committee of the year will provide students with the opportunity to nominate groups who have performed particularly well in their committee roles. The panel will be looking for committee members who:
- Showed exceptional commitment and enthusiasm for the running of their club.?
- Remain organised providing a safe and secure environment for new and returning members.
- Have managed their budgets exceptionally.
- Communicate well with members, other clubs, and LTSU.
- Work towards providing valuable experiences to their membership.
- Will have actively sought to make their club more sustainable or by promoting their activities at wider Students' Union and University events.
- Have developed their club significantly above and beyond their development plan.
Coach of the Year
- Must be a registered volunteer or paid coach with the SU for the 2018-19 season.
The Students’ Union seeks nominations and examples to acknowledge the impact that our coaches have on the long-term success and enjoyment of our students. We seek nominations that highlight examples of how coaches may have:
- Created a lasting positive influence on your members.
- Developed the performance standard of teams and/or individuals.
- Showed regular commitment.
- Have supported the development of skills such as leadership, organisation, and teamwork.
- Contributed to the success of club development or fixture(s).
Club Member of the Year
•Must be a registered SU club member for the 2021-21 season.
Club Member of the Year will seek nominations and examples for individuals who are not part of a committee but have:
- Volunteered their time to support the committee during activities the club has run throughout the year.
- Made significant contributions to their club and to other members’ experiences.
- Regularly attended events.
Sports Person(S)of the Year
•Must be a registered SU club member for the 2020-21 season (*Cricket 2017-18).
The Sportsperson(s) of the Year seek nominations for individual(s) who demonstrate commitment to club(s) or team(s) as a participant and/or performance athlete. Nominations should highlight (but are not exclusive of) how individuals have achieved one or more of the following examples:
- Led their team/club in setting good standards of behavior towards opposition, officials and club members. These may be examples of sportsmanlike behaviour on and off the pitch.
- Committed to their club(s)/team(s), training, fixtures, and ‘More than just a club’ activities. This may be in their dependable attendance or frequency of participating being deemed above and beyond.
- Shown enthusiasm and passion for the development of their club(s)/team(s) performance.
- Acted as an ambassador for the Students’ Union embodying values which include reaching potential, approachability, friendliness, inclusivity and a strive to be better.
- Represented their sport at a high standard and in the process making a contribution to the reputation of their Club(s)/team(s).?
- Managed to balance their participation/performance, academic studies as well as additional commitments.?
- Contributed to the success of a club/team activity or fixture(s). This may be through repeat ‘player of the match/tournament’ awards from peers.
Team of the Year
•Must be a recognized team with the SU for the 2021-22 season.
Team of the Year seeks nominations and examples for how a team who have achieved one or more of the following:
- Experienced success in their league/tournament. Possibly gaining promotion or a large number of BUCS points.
- Made huge improvements to playing/performing standards in short period of time.
- Made large improvements to reputation between themselves and the Students’ Union.
- Developed a strong culture in areas such as reaching potential, approachability, friendliness, inclusivity, and strive to be better.
Club of the Year
Sports Club of the Year is awarded to the club which has made a significant contribution to sport at Trinity this year. This contribution can include performance but is also about the impact that the club has had off the field with sport at Trinity.
There is a range of criteria that can contribute towards the Club of the Year Award:
- Growth of the club
- Increases in membership
- Range and level of activity on offer
- Sporting success
- New developments and innovations during the year
- Engagement with LTSU
- Connection with the wider community – e.g. volunteering, charity fundraising
- Events arranged
Course rep OTY
This award recognises the hard work our volunteers undertake to support the academic study of their peers.
• Must be a recognised Course Rep for the 2021-22 academic year.
Student council member OTY
This award recognises the hard work undertaken by an elected officer to improve the experience of Leeds Trinity University Students.
• Must be a currently recognised Student Council member for the 2021-22 academic year.