What is Circuit?
The laundry is operated by the private company called “Circuit Laundry”
1. There is one laundrette on campus.
2. The laundry is operated by the private company “Circuit Laundry”
3. In order to make use of the laundrette, a student must first purchase a pre-payment card and then load the card up for each wash and dry.
4. Students have little option but to use this service 5. Students are under extreme financial pressure.
6. Students on-campus are often living away from home for the first time.
1. The prices charged by Circuit laundry are extortionate.
2. Having to pay an excessive amount for a service, such as laundry, has a detrimental effect on students' lives.
3. Students have little choice but to make use of the only on-campus laundrette.
4. There are numerous recent examples of Universities covering the cost of a certain number of washes per-semester for on-campus students.
1. To work with relevant university departments to explore options for reducing the financial burden placed on Students by the exorbitant Circuit Laundry prices.
2. To lobby the University to provide on-campus students with an allowance per semester to cover their laundry costs.
To show support for this Campaign please email the President and/or Vice president.