Menstrual Hygiene Day
Fri 28 May 2021 - Sat 29 May 2021
Poor menstrual hygiene caused by a lack of education on the issue, persisting taboos and stigma, limited access to hygienic menstrual products and poor sanitation infrastructure undermines the educational opportunities, health and overall social status of women and girls around the world. As a result, millions of women and girls are kept from reaching their full potential.
Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) is a global advocacy platform that brings together the voices and actions of non-profits, government agencies, individuals, the private sector and the media to promote good menstrual hygiene management (MHM) for all women and girls. More specifically, MH Day:
- breaks the silence, raises awareness and changes negative social norms around MHM, and
- engages decision-makers to increase the political priority and catalyse action for MHM, at global, national and local levels.
MH Day has grown tremendously since it’s first celebration in 2014.
How can I get involved?
Keep your eyes peeled on this page, sign up to our newsletter and follow our social media acccounts for updates on the week. More information on how to get involved is coming soon.
- Twittter: @LeedsTrinitySU
- Facebook: @LeedsTrinityStudents'Union
- Instagram: @Leedstrinitysu