Student Council training has begun!
Today, your Student Council completed their first day of training (woo!)
What's Student Council?
Leeds Trinity Students' Union exists to empower and support students to achieve their potential. We annually elect two full-time Sabbatical Officers (President and Vice-President) and Student Council. Your student council are here to listen, create positive change, make your voices heard and to help Leeds Trinity students get the most out of their student experience by supporting you to reach your potential. You can find out more about them here.
What have they been learning about?
Today's training has focused on:
- Welcoming the new Council to the SU, meeting each other (virtually!) and finding out a bit more about everyone who has been elected
- Learning more about their role and what to expect over the next year
- Working together to think about the different inequalities that students face and how we can remove barriers for them
- Planning campaigns to run over the next year to improve the student experience at Leeds Trinity
What's coming up tomorrow?
Tomorrow, your elected officers will be focusing on:
- How to write motions and bring these to meetings
- Looking at student mental health in higher education and how their role relates to this
- How to run events for students
- Sharing campaign plans and ideas
- Planning for the year ahead and how they'll work together as a team to make student life better
I have an idea that I want Student Council to discuss!
Great! Submit a Student Say today - get 30 or more upvotes and have your idea taken to the first Council meeting in September.