Here are President Chelsey Groobys top tips for Freshers this year!
- Get to know your flatmates through the official hall groups and chats, that way you can get to know who's in your flat/block and learn names before you arrive!
- Don't panic buy! Get the essentials and just top up when you're moved in, it makes the move-in easier and you can take inspiration from your flatmates.
- Try to make your space unique to you. A great way to avoid homesickness is to replicate your room at home. Fairy lights, photos and posters are a great way to liven up a room.
- Don't be put off bringing games consoles and TVs! A lot of parents brand them as anti-social but actually they're a great way to stay connected to friends back home and can be used to play games and watch movies in groups.
- Get the most out of your time at university by downloading the Students’ Union app to see events, news, discounts and more. The SU app is available on Google and IOS.
- Join a sports team or society through the Students' Union, it's one of the best ways to meet new people and keep active.
More Top Tips from Chelsey can be found in your Residents Guide provided by Leeds Trinity University.
We're looking forward to welcoming you in just a few weeks. We understand the anxiety you may be feeling but we want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure you still have the best experience.