By submitting your nomination for President or Vice President you will become a Trustee of the organisation if successful. To do this you must meet the following criteria:
· I am over age 18.
· I am not an undischarged bankrupt
· I have not previously been removed from trusteeship of a charity by a Court or the Charity Commission.
· I am not under a disqualification order under the Company Directors’ Disqualification Act 1986.
· I have not been convicted of an offence involving deception or dishonesty (unless the conviction is spent).
· I am, in the light of the above, not disqualified by the Charities Act 1993 (section 72) from acting as a charity trustee.
· I undertake to fulfil my responsibilities and duties as a trustee of Leeds Trinity Students’ Union in good faith and in accordance with the law
· I do not have any financial interests in conflict with those of Leeds Trinity Students’ Union (either in person or through family or business connections) except those which I have formally notified in a conflict of interest statement.
· I will specifically notify any such interest at any meeting where trustees are required to make a decision which affects my personal interests, and I will absent myself entirely from any decision on the matter and not vote on it.
If you are unsure of whether you meet all of the Trustee Declaration or have further questions about it then please contact in confidence Simon Law, General Manager (interim) at Leeds Trinity Students’ Union: email@example.com